Clean Out Your Computer Day
Everyone …. Stop what you’re doing…. Reschedule
your day because today is Clean Out Your Computer Day (2nd
Monday of February), sponsored by the Institute for Business Technology.
This is a day one should set aside to really deep clean and organize
one’s computer files and programs.
- You can’t locate files when needed
- Your hard drive is almost full, slowing down
- You’re running out of memory
Janet L. Hall, Professional Organizer shares these easy to do tips from her ebook How-To Clean and Organize
- Delete unused and old: files, emails and email
addresses, bookmarks and favorites
- Backup your files and programs at least every
- Uninstall programs, shareware, executable
files, e-books, or games that you no longer need or use
- Save only documents or emails needed. Ask: WHO
needs it?, WHAT use is it?, WHEN will I use it?, WHERE will I find
it?, WHY do I want or need it?, HOW long do I need to SAVE it?
- Templates and Time: create and use templates
that will save you time (free templates for business and personal
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx ) and
take the time to schedule regular maintenance of your computer.
By taking the time to
D-BUST and learn how to use your computer to its fullest, your computer
and you will be humming along in no time! For Janet’s complete guide to
clean and organize your computer, with step-by step screen shots for
PC/Microsoft® users, please visit
http://www.overhall.com/clean_computer.htm or for one-on-one
training call Janet at 410-586-9440.